1. Follow general directions below for handling Athens and Apollo fillo dough.
Unroll 9 sheets of fillo dough, and melt 4 Tbsp. butter.
2. Lay a piece of waxed paper on a flat working surface. This will facilitate
moving the fillo.
3. Melt 4 tablespoons butter. Use 16 to 18 sheets of fillo, lightly dabbing
each with butter as you overlap them. (Oil from the cheese and juice from the
fruit will help moisten the fillo.)
4. Take 1 sheet of fillo, and fold in half, lengthwise. (see step 4)
5. Overlap a second sheet to make a spoke. Continue to overlap all the sheets
to make a spoke wheel design. (see step 5)
6. Place the cheese in the center of the stack and carefully draw up the fillo
around the food. (see steps 6A and 6B)
7. Brush with butter, and place on ungreased baking sheet. (see step 7)
8. Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 20 to 25 minutes until brown.
9. Cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Use with camembert, boursin, brie or any small round cheese. You can also wrap
pears, apples and other fruit.
Back to Shapes and Uses