Break out of the traditional sliced meat platter and start your event off right with this wonderful recipe.
- 24 ounces baba ghanoush, favorite store bought
- 30 thin slices genoa salami
- 16 grape tomatoes or small cherry tomatoes, sliced in half horizontally
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Phyllo Shells
- Fresh chives, cilantro or basil for garnish
Spoon 1 teaspoon of baba ghanoush into each shell. Fold salami in half, and then in half again, forming a cone shape. Cut a small amount off the tip (to help the salami stay in place better).
Gently press the salami down into the baba ganoush, opening up the folds to form the petals of the blossom. Place a small amount of baba ghanoush in the center of each salami slice. Place a tomato half; cut side up, in the middle on top of the baba ghanoush.
Garnish with sprigs of chives or a leaf of basil or cilantro.
Calories 110, Calories from Fat – 70, Total Fat – 8g, Saturated fat – 2g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 15mg, Sodium – 250 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Sugars – 1g, Protein – 2g
- For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.
- Watch our video to learn how to make this recipe.