Diced round steak, Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts bring a unique flavor combo to these Mini Phyllo Shell appetizers.
- 5 ounces round steak, small diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2.5 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup onion, small diced
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 3 Tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese, for garnish
- 3 Tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped for garnish
Marinate steak with rosemary, balsamic vinegar, red wine and salt & pepper. In a small skillet heat oil and sauté onions 3-5 minutes. Add steak and marinating liquid to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced and beef is cooked. Spoon 1 teaspoon cooked steak mixture into each Phyllo shell. Garnish with cheese and walnuts. Bake in preheated 3501/4F oven for 5-7 minutes. Serve Warm
Tip: Steak can be marinated 2 hours to overnight.