Diced round steak, Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts bring a unique flavor combo to these phyllo shell appetizers.
- 5 ounces round steak, small diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup onion, small diced
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 3 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped for garnish
Marinate steak with rosemary, balsamic vinegar, red wine and salt & pepper. In a small skillet heat oil and sauté onions 3-5 minutes. Add steak and marinating liquid to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced and beef is cooked. Spoon cooked steak mixture into each phyllo shell. Garnish with cheese and walnuts. Bake in preheated 350F oven for 5-7 minutes. Serve Warm
Tip: Steak can be marinated 2 hours to overnight.
Serving size: 1 shell (31g), Amount per serving: Calories 60, Total Fat – 3g, Saturated fat – 1g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5mg, Sodium – 75 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Carbohydrate – 3g, Total Sugars – 1g, Protein –4g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%, Potassium 0%