Take advantage of asparagus season with this easy recipe. It can be served as an appetizer or side dish.
- 24 slices Jarlsberg Swiss cheese (or other Swiss cheese)(approx. 4 1/2 inch squares)
- 24 thin slices ham (approx. 4 1/2 inch squares)
- 2 Tbsp. honey or dijon mustard
- 16 spears of fresh uncooked asparagus, cut into 6-inch lengths
- 10 sheets Athens Phyllo Dough
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter (may be clarified)
Bring Athens Phyllo to room temperature.
Stack 5 sheets Phyllo, buttering each with melted butter. Cut buttered stack into 12 squares. Repeat using next 5 sheets of Phyllo.
Place slice of Jarlsberg Swiss cheese on the square, top it with one slice of ham; spread 1/4 teaspoon mustard over the ham.
Place an asparagus portion on top diagonally, near one point. Roll Phyllo over the asparagus, and continue rolling to form a pointed bundle.
Pinch Phyllo to lightly close. Place bundles on un-greased baking sheet and bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.