Stir-fried round steak gets the teriyaki treatment and a Mandarin orange garnish in these Asian-inspired Phyllo Shell appetizers.
- 5 oz. small diced round steak
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 6 Mandarin oranges wedges, quartered, reserve juice
- 1 tablespoon suger
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup small diced green bell peppers
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
In a small bowl, toss diced steak with cornstarch. In a medium skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil and sir-fry steak for 1-2 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a same skillet. Add ginger and garlic, saute for 1-2 minutes. Add teriyaki sauce, 3 tablespoons of the Mandarin orange juice and sugar. Simmer and stir for 3 minutes. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Mix well. Add to skillet and simmer for 2 minutes until sauce is thickened. Add steak, water chestnuts and bell pepper. Stir to coat evenly. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each Phyllo shell. Garnish with Mandarin orange pieces. Serve warm.