This recipe received honorable mention in Athens Holiday Mini Phyllo Shells Recipe Contest.
- 1 cup orange flavored dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup tart cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1/4 cup whipped topping, thawed for garnish
- 15 mint leaves, for garnish
In a small sauce pan combine cranberries, hot water and vanilla extract. Let soak for 30 minutes. Add cherries, sugar and honey, simmer over low heat until it comes to a slow boil. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes. Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling into each Phyllo Shell. Garnish with whipped topping and mint leaf. Serve immediately.