Chef’s Choice in the 1-2-3-4 Mini Phyllo Shells Recipe Contest
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 2 cups diced fresh nectarines (about 2 medium nectarines)
- 1/4 cup package light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons apricot flavored brandy
- 2 slices pound cake, cut into 15 1/2-inch cubes plus 2 Tablespoons pound cake crumbs
Place the shells on a baking sheet and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 3-5 minutes for added crispness.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook nectarines, brown sugar and brandy 3 to 4 minutes or until nectarines are soft and liquid is thick. Allow to cool. Place a cake cube in center of each Phyllo shell. Top with nectarine mixture. Garnish with cake crumbs. Serve immediately.