This tasty appetizer re-creates a classic French dish, giving it a phyllo crunch in a bite-sized package.
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, 1/4” diced
- 2 slices prosciutto, 1/4” diced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small mixing bowl, combine chicken, prosciutto, salt and pepper thoroughly. Fill shells with 1 heaping tablespoon of filling. Top with thyme and cheese. Place shells on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve.
MAKE AHEAD: Filled shells can be wrapped in plastic and frozen. To serve, unwrap and bake per directions.
Serving size: 1 shell (18 g), Amount per serving: Calories 50, Total Fat – 2.5g, Saturated fat – 1g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 10mg, Sodium – 135 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Carbohydrate – 3g, Sugars – 0g, Protein – 4g, Vitamin D –0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%