Featuring shrimp, crab meat and assorted vegetables, these triangle appetizers can add spice to any gathering.
- 10 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (14 x 18), thawed
- 1/3 cup (to laminate Phyllo) + 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. peeled and deveined shrimp, cut into thirds
- 1 6 oz. can lump crab meat, drained
- 4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup of each of the following chopped vegetables: shiitake mushrooms, carrots, pea pods, red bell peppers and scallions
Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in medium frying pan. Add minced ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and shrimp. Cook 2-3 minutes.
Stir in well-drained crab, sesame oil and teriyaki sauce. Remove from pan. Melt 2 Tbsp. more butter and lightly saute the vegetables.
Combine cooked seafood and vegetables together.
Prepare laminated Phyllo strips as follows: Place one sheet of Phyllo on dry surface, brush entire sheet lightly with melted butter, top with another sheet of Phyllo.
Cut buttered Phyllo into 6 sections, lengthwise. Repeat this step 4 times using remaining Phyllo sheets to make 30 laminated Phyllo strips (measuring approx. 3″ x 14″).
Stack strips and keep covered with plastic wrap, then a damp towel while assembling triangles.
Assemble appetizer triangles as follows: About 1 inch from the bottom of a laminated Phyllo strip, place 1 scant Tbsp. prepared filling.
Fold the Phyllo over the filling. then roll up like a flag by folding one corner of Phyllo diagonally across to opposite edge to form a triangle. Continue to fold onto itself to end of strip.
Place triangle seam side down on baking sheet, butter top lightly with melted butter. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.