This recipe received honorable mention in Athens Holiday Mini Phyllo Shells Recipe Contest.
- 8 ounces softened mascarpone cheese
- 2 ounces finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup minced dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1/3 cup pistachios, for garnish
In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, chocolate, powdered sugar, orange zest, vanilla extract, dried cherries and ginger, mixing well. Chill for 1 hour. Transfer filling to a pastry bag without a tip and pipe a rounded tablespoon of mixture into each Phyllo Shell. Garnish with pistachios. Serve immediately.