Goat cheese and fresh herbs pack a flavorful punch in this phyllo-wrapped appetizer.
- 1 11-ounce log fresh ChÈvre (goat) cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 10 sheets Athens Phyllo Dough (9 x 14 ), thawed
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Prepare Phyllo roll according to directions for strudels linked to the right for one large log, rolling lengthwise. Sprinkle breadcrumbs between the layers of Phyllo.
Score into 1/2″ slices. Brush outside with butter and place on un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let sit 15 minutes before slicing.
Serve warm, 2 slices per portion, with tossed lettuce greens.