Whether you’re headed to a backyard hangout or a more sophisticated get-together, these little apps travel well and fit a wide range of menus.
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
In a small bowl, combine red bell pepper, parsley, olives and feta cheese. Drizzle with oil, lemon juice, oregano, red chili flakes, salt and pepper. Mix lightly. Chill for 1 hour. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each phyllo shell. Serve.
Serving size: 1 shell (16g), Amount per serving: Calories 45, Total Fat – 3g, Saturated fat – .5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 0mg, Sodium – 115 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Carbohydrate – 3g Sugars – 0g, Protein – 1g, Vitamin D –0%, Potassium – 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%
For added crispness, preheat oven to 350°F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill. A toaster oven makes this quick & easy.