This tasty appetizer puts a twist on traditional crab cakes by adding the phyllo shells’ crispy crunch.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces canned crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pimento, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 3 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning and salt. Mix well. Add crabmeat, green onions, pimento and celery. Mix lightly.
Spoon filling into each phyllo shell. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.
Serving size: 1 shell (16g), Amount per serving: Calories 30, Total Fat – 1g, Saturated fat – 0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 15mg, Sodium – 75 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Carbohydrate – 2g Sugars – 0g, Protein –2g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%