Featuring a phyllo crust, quinoa, sun-dried tomato bruschetta and feta cheese, this Mediterranean casserole offers an exciting break from the ordinary entree.
- 10 sheets Athens Phyllo® Dough (9” x 14”), thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (Roland Mediterranean Blend)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomato bruschetta, such as Delallo
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup half & half, fat free
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped for garnish
Thaw one roll of phyllo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 375°F.
Unroll and cover the sheets with a damp towel or plastic wrap to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of phyllo on work surface and lightly coat with cooking spray. Layer and repeat with 9 more sheets.
Gently press the layered phyllo into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch tart pan. Trim excess phyllo even with the edge of the pan. Re-roll unused sheets and follow storing instructions on package.
Par bake phyllo crust for 5-7 minutes. Cool slightly.
Layer the quinoa, Feta and sun-dried tomatoes in the par baked shell. In a small mixing bowl, combine the eggs, half & half, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended. Pour into the shell. Place filled tart pan on a baking tray.
Bake for 25 minutes or until casserole is set and slightly golden brown. Garnish with parsley. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut and serve.
Serving size: 1 piece 100g, Amount per serving: Calories 190, Calories from Fat – 90, Total Fat – 10g, Saturated fat – 3g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 80mg, Sodium – 300 mg, Dietary Fiber – 2g, Sugars – 5g, Protein – 7g
- Test for doneness by inserting a knife into the filling. Knife should come out clean.