This easy and elegant appetizer is perfect for parties — and it can be prepared ahead of time to fit busy schedules.
- 12 sheets Athens Phyllo® Dough (9” x 14”), thawed
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cooking Spray
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, halved
- 36 asparagus spears, medium, trimmed
Thaw one roll of Phyllo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350°F. Unroll and cover the sheets with a damp towel or plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
Place one sheet of Phyllo on work surface and lightly coat ½ of the sheet with cooking spray lengthwise. Fold sheet in half lengthwise and spray top layer. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of the bread crumb mixture on the top layer. Place 1 piece of prosciutto about 1” from the short edge of the Phyllo. Place 3 spears of asparagus on top of the prosciutto. Roll the Phyllo over the asparagus to create a bundle. Place bundle on a baking tray seam side down. Lightly spray the outside. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture to garnish. Re-roll unused sheets and follow storing instructions on package. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the Phyllo is a light golden brown and asparagus in tender. Serve.
Serving size: 77g, Amount per serving: Calories 70, Calories from Fat – 10, Total Fat – 1.5g, Saturated fat – 2g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5mg, Sodium – 230 mg, Total Carbohydrate -11g, Dietary Fiber – 1g, Sugars – 2g, Protein – 5g
- Add ¼ teaspoon of Dijon mustard on top of asparagus before rolling the bundle for added flavor.
- To make ahead: assemble, place on baking tray, wrap in plastic and refrigerate up to 12 hours before baking. To serve, unwrap and bake per directions.