Put a fun and tasty twist on your next batch of tostadas by replacing the usual corn tortilla with a flaky phyllo shell.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 20 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime (or lemon) juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (or parsley), finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Lightly brush 6” tart pans with butter-oil
mixture. Layer 5 phyllo sheets, brushing each with the butter-oil mixture. Cut two, 7-inch circles from phyllo stack. Place cut tart
shape in the buttered pan. Carefully push phyllo into pan, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Repeat process 3 times to make 8 shells.
Bake empty shells in preheated 3501/4F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool. Remove shells from pans.
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, lime juice, 1/4 cup oil, cilantro, salt and pepper. Spread the beans evenly in each shell. Top each with about 1/2 cup of chicken mixture. Sprinkle with green onion and serve.