Courtesy of Chef Dino Lubbat, Dinotto Ristorante, Chicago
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper
- 50 Athens® Phyllo Shells (Traditional, Tomato or Spinach)
On a gas stovetop or grill, lightly char the red pepper on an open flame until char marks form on the skin. Remove red pepper from the flame, place in small bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 5 minutes. Uncover pepper and remove the skin.
Cut pepper into thin slices. Pipe cream cheese into each phyllo shell. Top with crisscrossed basil leaf ribbon and roasted red pepper slice.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Use cheese mixture or flavor cheese with herbs and seasonings.
- Instead of cream cheese, fill with shrimp or crab salad.