This recipe received honorable mention in Athens Holiday Mini Phyllo Shells Recipe Contest.
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup diced red maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded lightly toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup thawed whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, for garnish
- 15 mint leaves, for garnish
In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple with instant pudding, mixing lightly. Add cherries, coconut, whipped topping and almond extract, mixing well. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture into each Phyllo Shell and garnish with sliced almonds and a mint leaf. Serve immediately.