This recipe received homorable mention in Athens Holiday Mini Phyllo Shells Recipe Contest.
- 4 ounces tuna steak, 1″ thick
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1.5 Tablespoons hummus, original
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots, for garnish
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 15 whole edamame, for garnish
Marinate tuna in soy sauce for 1 hour.
In a small saucepan, boil edamame for 5 minutes, rinse with cold water, drain well and discard liquid. To make hummus, in a food processor, combine edamame, hummus, ginger, salt and lime juice and process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
In a medium sauté pan, heat camola oil until hot. Sear tuna 1 minute per side. Let rest a few minutes. Slice into 15 thin pieces. Place 1 rounded teaspoon of hummus in each Phyllo Shell. Then arrange 1 slice of tuna on top of the hummus. Garnish with carrots, radishes and 1 whole edamame. Serve immediately.
For extra Asian flavor and heat add 2 teaspoons of wasabi paste to hummus, blend thoroughly.