This savory starter or main dish features dry-cured ham and shrimp wrapped in flaky Phyllo.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh lemon thyme
- 5 tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 thin slices Prosciutto ham, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 sheets Athens Phyllo Dough (9 x 14 ), thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
In large mixing bowl, combine oil, ginger, garlic, rosemary, thyme, vodka and pepper. Add shrimp, toss to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Remove shrimp from marinade and wrap each in Prosciutto.
Butter and layer 3 sheets of Phyllo per shrimp. Cut widthwise into 1-inch-wide strips. Wrap Phyllo around shrimp to form natural shape of shrimp. Brush outside with butter and refrigerate for 1 hour. Place Phyllo-wrapped shrimp on un-greased cookie sheet and bake in preheated 3501/4F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or golden brown.
Serve hot with Southwestern style relish such as Papaya-Tomato Relish.