Make it Fabulous with Phyllo Contest Entry
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) Mexican stewed tomatoes, chopped fine and most juice included
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1 cup Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese, shredded
In a medium saucepan, cook ground beef until browned. Drain fat and add tomatoes, olives, chili powder, cumin and brown sugar. Cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. If there is too much liquid, drain some of the liquid before spooning one rounded teaspoon of filling into each shell.
Spoon into shells and top with shredded cheese to serve. Serve immediately.