Looking for appetizers for Easter or other holiday brunches? Check out this smoked salmon mini shell recipe.
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1 tablespoon golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons dill, chipped + a few sprigs for garnish
- 1 package (8 ounces) smoked salmon
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3–5 minutes. Cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard and pepper. Mix in onions, capers and chopped dill. Cut salmon into 1/4″–1/2” pieces. Add salmon to mixture, mix and marinate for at least 1 hour.
Drain off any excess liquid. Fill each shell with salmon mixture and garnish with dill.
Serving size: 14g, Amount per serving: Calories 30, Calories from Fat – 15, Total Fat – 2g, Saturated fat – 0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 0mg, Sodium – 70 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g,Total Carbohydrate – 3g, Sugars – 0g, Protein – 1g