A tasty combination of smoked salmon and creme fraiche come together in flaky, golden-brown phyllo shells in these easy appetizers.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″x14″), thawed
- 1 package (10 oz.) creme fraiche
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with oil. Lightly brush 3” tart pans with butter-oil mixture.
Layer 5 phyllo sheets, brushing each with the butter-oil mixture. Cut four, 4-inch squares from phyllo stack. Place phyllo squares in the pan. Carefully push phyllo into pan, leaving the points sticking up. Repeat process three times to make 16 squares.
Bake empty phyllo shells in preheated 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove shells from pans.
Spread about 1 tablespoon of creme fraiche into each shell. Top with about 2 tablespoons of smoked salmon. Garnish with scallions and chives. Serve immediately.