Flaky phyllo dough is topped with a special mascarpone dessert spread and garnished with fresh strawberry slices and chopped pistachios. Recipe by Gavin & Karen from Couple in the Kitchen blog.
- 6 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed and cut into 8 sections
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 oz of mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons of half-and-half
- 12-15 strawberries, sliced
- Additional chopped pistachios, for garnish
Start by preheating your oven to 375°F. Spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Take the one sheet of the sliced phyllo dough and place it on the baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, gently brush the melted butter on one side of the phyllo. Top it with another sheet of sliced phyllo. Repeat this process until the 8 pieces are 6 layers thick. Cook the phyllo crusts for 8-12 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown. Let the phyllo cool while you prepare the mascarpone.
Mix together the mascarpone cheese, chopped pistachios, sugar, salt, vanilla, honey, and the half-and-half. Use a spatula to gently spread the mascarpone mixture on the phyllo dough tart crust. Top the tarts with fresh sliced strawberries and sprinkle them with additional chopped pistachios.