Courtesy of Adam Roush, Executive Chef, Trombinoâs Bistro Italiano Albuquerque, NM
- 16 oz. Ricotta
- 6 oz. Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 4 oz. Sharp Provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 oz. Dijon mustard
- .25 oz. Dried thyme
- .15 oz. Salt & pepper
- 8 oz. Sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 30 oz. Artichoke hearts, quartered, canned, drained
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
In a large bowl, mix ricotta, milk, eggs, Provolone, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper. In food processor, combine tomatoes and artichokes, pulse until a rough tapenade like mixture comes together. Add this mixture to ricotta mixture, and fold together.
Fill each mini shell with about one ounce of filling. Top the shells with Parmesan, then bake in preheated 3501/4F oven for 10-15 minutes until phyllo is golden brown and the centers are set. Serve hot or at room temperature.