A little bit of zest. A little bit of kick. One light & tasty seafood appetizer. Recipe by Brandy O’Neill of Nutmeg Nanny blog.
- 30 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 packs (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells, toasted
In a medium-sized bowl, add shrimp and toss with cumin, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, kosher salt and pepper.
In a large pan set over medium-high heat, add shrimp, tequila and lime juice. Cook until the shrimp is fully cooked and pink in color, remove from the heat. Toss with minced cilantro.
For sour cream:
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
Fill the bottom of each toasted phyllo cup with sour cream mixture, top with microgreens and place a warm shrimp on top. Serve shortly after making or else the phyllo cup may start to lose its crunch.