These exotic and flavorful Mini Phyllo Shell appetizers put marinated and sauteed chicken breast center stage with snow peas and bell peppers, then add a chunky peanut butter crunch to the mix.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 oz. small diced boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons, cut 1/2 inch on bias, snow peas
- 2 tablespoons 1/2 inch diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons drained and julienne-cut canned water chestnuts
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
To make marinade, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, pepper sauce, ginger, sesame oil and canola oil. Blend well. Reserve all but 2 tablespoon of marinade.
Add chicken to remaining 2 tablespoons marinade. Mix lightly and chill for 1 hour. In a small skillet saute chicken for 5-7 minutes until fully cooked. Remove from skillet. In a small skillet, combine reserved marinade, water and sugar. Heat and stir 2-3 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Add peanut butter and stir well.
Add chicken and vegetables to the sauce and toss lightly. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each Phyllo Shell. Serve warm.