The classic, coffee-flavored custard dessert from Italy gets a phyllo shell crunch with this easy-to-prepare recipe.
- 1 container (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 packages (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells (traditional or chocolate flavored)
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
In a small bowl, combine mascarpone, Kahlua, coffee powder, sugar , heavy cream, and cream of tartar. Using an electric mixer, blend to a thick cream consistency. Do not over whip. Chill for 1 hour. Spoon or pipe filling into phyllo shells. Garnish with chocolate shavings. Serve immediately.