Get creative with phyllo dough! This recipe submitted by Flakery contest finalist, Fumiko Sogi, uses flaky, cheesy phyllo rings as crunchy compliments to tuna tartar and salmon.
- 4 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9” x 14”), thawed
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces tuna
- 4 ounces strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed hot chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon shallot, finely chopped
- 4 ounces avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1/4 teaspoons lime juice, lemon juice and zest
- 8 ounces salmon
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons rapers
- 2 teaspoons red and green onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mustard curry aioli
- 2 ounces mushroom, small diced
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumble
- 4 tablespoons balsamic glaze
Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray vegetable oil on phyllo dough, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place another sheet of dough on top, then repeat process to make 4 layers dough.
Prepare three different sizes of rings using round metal molds. Spray vegetable oil around molds, then cut phyllo dough into strips to roll around molds. Bake 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let molds cool.
Cook mushrooms, then let cool. Add blue cheese crumble and place mixture into small mold.
Mix avocado, cream cheese, wasabi paste, salt, lime juice and zest together until a smooth paste is created.
Dice tuna and place into bowl. Add salt, cilantro, crushed hot chili pepper, shallot, olive oil, lime juice and zest, then toss together.
Mix cream cheese, red onion, capers, green onion, lemon juice and zest together. Slice salmon thin, then fill with cream cheese mixture and roll up.
Drizzle sauce on plate. Set large ring and salmon on aioli. Fill middle ring with tuna tartar and small ring with mushroom, then set on balsamic glaze and serve.