Looking for easy Thanksgiving appetizers that will please everyone? Try this Turkey Parmesan Mini Shell recipe.
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 7 ounces cooked turkey (leftovers work great), cubed or shredded
- 1/2 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons basil, chiffonade
- 2 packages (15 count, each)†Athens®Mini Phyllo Shells
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. In a small mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and set aside. Cut each tomato in quarters lengthwise. Divide the turkey evenly between each mini shell. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of pizza/spaghetti sauce onto the turkey. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Top each with a tomato piece and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 6–8 minutes or until cheese starts to brown. Garnish with basil.
Amount per serving: Calories 25, Calories from Fat – 10, Total Fat –1g, Saturated fat – .5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5mg, Sodium – 80 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g,Total carbohydrate – 2g Sugars – 1g, Protein – 2g