Make it Fabulous with Phyllo Recipe Contest Entry – Chef’s Choice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 20 sheets Athens Phyllo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, well-drained and minced
- 1/4 cup prosciutto (smoked ham can be substituted), minced
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
In a small bowl, combine oil and garlic salt mixing well. Place phyllo sheets on the work surface. Layer two sheets of phyllo lightly brushing each sheet with oil. Place about 1-1/2 tablespoons cheese in a line, about 1/2-inch wide, along bottom length of Phyllo sheet within 1/2-inch from sides. Top cheese with a scant tablespoon of tomatoes, teaspoon of prosciutto, about 1/2 teaspoon of parsley and 1/2 teaspoon basil. Fold long edge over filling, continue rolling tightly into a rope. Form into a pretzel shape, tucking edges under. Place, tucked side under on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 10 pretzels.
Mix the remaining oil, parsley and basil together and brush the tops of pretzels. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the pretzels. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 13 to 16 minutes or until pretzels are just golden. Serve warm.