Indulge in the flavor of Feta cheese and watermelon coupled together for a refreshing summer treat to stay cool. Try these healthy party appetizers today!
- 4 slices seedless watermelon, each 1/2 inch thick
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- Small mint leaves for garnish
Cut watermelon into 1/2-inch cubes. Sprinkle some of the Feta in each shell. Place one watermelon cube in each. Sprinkle with remaining Feta crumbles. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and garnish with mint leaves.
View our how-to video of this recipe here.
Serving size: 1 shell (15g); Calories: 25; Calories from Fat: 10; Total Fat: 1g; Saturated Fat: 0.5g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium: 40mg; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Total Carbohydrates: 3g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 1g
For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.