Looking for finger food ideas the whole family will love? This zucchini and tomato phyllo shell quiche is sure to impress.
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2/3 cup zucchini, finely diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely diced (drained if packed in water or oil)
- 1 small onion (approx. 2 ounces), finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg and oregano. Mix in zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, onion and garlic. Place 1/2 teaspoon of cheese in each shell. Spoon the egg mixture on top of cheese. Place on a baking sheet and bake promptly 15-20 minutes or until the egg filling is set with an internal temperature of 165°. Serve warm.
Serving size: 15g, Amount per serving: Calories 35, Calories from Fat –20, Total Fat – 2g, Saturated fat – 2g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 15mg, Sodium –305 mg, Total carbohydrate -2g, Dietary Fiber – 0g,Sugars –0g, Protein – 1g, Vitamin A – 2%, Vitamin C – 2%, Calcium – 2%, Iron 0%
In order to avoid the shells becoming soft, it is important to bake the quiches as soon as they are filled.