Make it Fabulous with Phyllo Recipe Contest Entry
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 small onion (approximately 3 1/2 ounce), finely diced
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, diced small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar, grated
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells or Graham Cracker Phyllo Shells
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Salted caramel, warmed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a large pan, sauté bacon over medium high heat, until crispy. Remove bacon and crumble when cooled.
- Add onions, apple and garlic to the bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the onions are translucent. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Spoon mixture into phyllo shells and bake for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute before serving.
- (Optional) Drizzle with salted caramel for an exciting flavor twist.