Make it Fabulous with Phyllo Recipe Contest Entry
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup apple butter (choose one with spices)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 crisp apple, diced
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche (or sour cream)
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, mix bacon and apple butter and heat through.
- In another small bowl, mix cheddar and diced apple and divide among shells. Bake for 5-8 minutes in preheated 350°F oven, or until cheese is melted. Top with the hot bacon mixture.
- Place crème fraîche in the corner of a plastic baggie (with corner snipped) or piping tube and pipe onto each shell for garnish.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Serving size: 1 shell (21g), Amount per serving: Calories 60, Calories from Fat – 30, Total Fat –3.5g, Saturated fat – 1.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol –10mg, Sodium –170mg, Total carbohydrate -4g, Dietary Fiber – 3g, Sugars – 2g, Protein – 3g, Vitamin A – 2%, Vitamin C –2 0%, Calcium – 4%, Iron 0%