Thierry Meissonnier, Executive Chef, Hilton Chicago, Chicago, IL
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled (save peels to tie purses) medium diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, medium diced
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 2 sets Athens® Ready-To-Go Phyllo Doughô, thawed
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- In a sauté pan melt butter and add sugar. Add apples, pineapples, cherries and coconut, sauté 3-4 minutes to coat.
- Cut Athens® Ready To-Go-Phyllo Dough into four 7″ squares; repeat with second set.
- Place 3 oz. of filling on each square and pull sides up to form a purse. Tie with apple peel string, brush with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with Rum Sauce.