Scallops, crab and mixed vegetables are the highlights of this Asian cuisine-inspired treat in flaky Phyllo.
- 1/3 cup Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup Green onions, sliced 1/4″ on bias
- 1 1/2 cups Zucchini, julienne-cut
- 1 1/2 cups Carrots, julienne-cut
- 1 cup Canned oriental baby corn, drained, cut 1/2 inch
- 1/2 cup Canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup Canned straw mushrooms, drained
- 1 lb. Bay scallops
- 6 oz. Canned crabmeat
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cornstarch
- 15 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (14 x 18), thawed
- As needed Egg wash
In a wok or large skillet add 2 Tbsp. oil: stir-fry garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Add vegetables, water chestnuts and onions; stir-fry 2-3 minutes until tender-crisp.
Add scallops and crab meat stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Combine soy sauce, water, sugar, and cornstarch, pour over seafood mixture and cook until thickened.
Remove from heat and chill. Cover Phyllo with plastic wrap and then a damp towel. Layer 5 sheets of Phyllo brushing each lightly with oil, continue until you have 3 sets.
Cut each set in half lengthwise. Egg wash 1-inch around outer edges of Phyllo. Place 1 cup of seafood mixture at narrow end of Phyllo.
Fold one corner of Phyllo diagonally across to opposite edge to form a triangle. Continue to fold triangle onto itself. Score surface and brush with egg wash.
Bake at 375° F for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with Citrus Peanut Sauce.