Bursting with fudge brownie filling and topped with cool crème de menthe frosting, these brownie bites are sure to become a fast favorite.
- 1 package (18.3 ounces) fudge brownie mix
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 4 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells or Athens® Chocolate Flavor Phyllo Shells
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 stick + 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons crème de menthe liqueur
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mint cookie and mint candy pieces, such as Oreo Thin Bites Fudge Dipped Mint Crème & Andes Mint Parfait Thins
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, mix together brownie mix, eggs, water and oil until smooth. Spoon mixture into each phyllo shell ¾ full. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, beat confectioners sugar, 1 stick butter and crème de menthe for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
In a metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate and remaining butter stirring gently until combined and smooth. Allow chocolate to cool.
Pipe or spoon crème de menthe mixture onto each brownie bite. Top as desired with cooled chocolate and cookie/candy pieces.
Serving size: 1 shell (22g), Amount per serving: Calories 110, Total Fat –7g, Saturated Fat –2.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol –15 mg, Sodium – 30mg,Total Carbohydrate – 12g, Dietary Fiber – 0g Total Sugars – 9g, Protein – 1g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium – 5mg, Iron 0%, Potassium – 13mg
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure mint extract can be used in place of crème de menthe