Khamia Vonsakoun, Banquets Chef & Daniel Pino, Executive Pastry Chef, Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa, Atlantic City, NJ
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. bay scallops
- 8 oz. cooked crabmeat
- 1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, julienne cut
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, julienne cut
- 1 cup canned oriental baby corn, drained, cut 1/2 inch
- 1/2 cup canned straw mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced 1/4 on sharp bias
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. water
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 sets Athens® Ready-To-Go Phyllo Doughô, thawed
- Egg wash, as needed
Heat 1 tbsp. of the oil; stir-fry scallops for 2-3 minutes. Remove cooked scallops to a separate bowl; add cooked crabmeat and cool.
Add 2 tbsp. oil; saute garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Add vegetables, water chestnuts and onions; stir-fry 3 minutes until tender-crisp. Remove vegetables; place in bowl with seafood.
To same pan, add soy sauce, water, sugar and cornstarch. Bring to a boil; cook until thickened. Add to vegetable mixture and chill.
Cut each set of Athens® Ready-To-Go Phyllo Dough in half lengthwise. Egg wash 1″ inch around outer edges of Phyllo. Place 1 cup of seafood mixture at narrow end of Phyllo. Fold one corner of Phyllo diagonally across to opposite edge to form a triangle. Continue to fold triangle onto itself. Score surface and brush with egg wash. Repeat with remaining Ready-to-Go Phyllo sets. Bake in preheated 375° F oven for 35-45 minutes until golden brown. Serve each turnover garnished with 1 oz. Citrus Peanut Sauce.