Craig Storm, Executive Chef, Wyndham Hotel Resort, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 qts. mixture of fresh mushrooms (portobello, crimini, oyster and button mushrooms), sliced
- 1 cup onions, medium diced
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 sets Athens® Ready-To-Go Phyllo Doughô, thawed
- 2 oz. gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Egg wash, as needed
Melt butter in large skillet; add mushrooms, onions, and seasonings. Saute 5 minutes. Add red wine and simmer 15 minutes or until all the liquid is gone.
Egg wash 1-inch around the edges of each Athens® Ready-To-Go Phyllo Dough set. Place mushroom mixture on the Phyllo at the narrow end, leaving 1″ border. Sprinkle with half of the gorgonzola cheese and walnuts: roll into a strudel, tucking edges as you go. Place seam side down on baking pan. Repeat with second strudel. Score each strudel into 6 portions and brush with egg wash. Bake in preheated 375° F oven for 35-45 minutes until golden brown. Slice each strudel into 6 portions and serve warm with 1 oz. Cranberry Chutney.