These appetizers feature Tex-Mex favorite beef fajitas in a light, crispy phyllo shell.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 5 ounces thinly sliced round steak cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 tablespoon small diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon small diced green pepper
- 1 package (15 count each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 3 tablespoons guacamole, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons small diced tomato, for garnish
To make marinade, in a small bowl, combine lime juice, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, lime zest, salt and pepper.
In another small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of marinade in steak. Chill for 1 hour.
In a small skillet, heat oil and stir-fry steak for 2-3 minutes. Add remaining marinade, onion and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Place 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each Phyllo Shell.
Garnish with ½ teaspoon each of guacamole and tomato. Serve warm.
Serving size: 1 shell (21g), Amount per serving: Calories 40, Total Fat – 2g, Saturated Fat – 0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5 mg, Sodium – 50mg, Total Carbohydrate – 3g, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Sugars – 0g, Protein – 3g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium – 0%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%