Looking for Halloween Desserts to spook your party guests? Try these Bloody Eyeball Phyllo Treats.
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 30 large blood shot candy eyes
- 1/4 cup raspberry or strawberry spreadable fruit or preserves
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3–5 minutes. Cool. In a medium mixing bowl, combine coconut, confectioners sugar, almonds and sweetened condensed milk. Form mixture into 30 – 1 1/2” loose balls.
Gently press one ball into each of 30 shells. Gently push candy eyes into each ball close to the top of the shell.
In a small bowl, briefly whisk the spreadable fruit or preserves.
Using a small pastry brush, “paint” blotches and lines of the spreadable fruit on the coconut balls around the candy eyes.
1 shell (14g), Amount per serving: Calories 60, Calories from Fat – 25, Total Fat – 3g, Saturated fat – 1.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 0mg, Sodium – 20mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Sugars – 6g, Protein – 1g
Candy eyes can be purchased at most craft and cake supply stores.