Crispy, flaky phyllo cups filled with creamy burrata cheese and roasted red peppers. A deliciously easy, cold appetizer to serve at any gathering. Recipe by Aleka from Bite-Sized Kitchen blog.
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers, jarred
- 2 ounces burrata cheese
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 5 large basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze, for drizzling (optional)
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.5g | Protein: 2.8g | Fat: 4.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.7g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 146mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 3.6g
- To make these in advance: pre-bake your phyllo cups to get them extra crispy before filling. This will keep your cups as crispy as possible for as long as possible. Bake them at 350°F for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned. Then, let cool before filling them. The cups should stay crispy for at least 2 hours with filling inside.
- For the balsamic glaze, you can make your own using balsamic vinegar and sugar or simply use a premade balsamic glaze from your local store.