The cajun chicken brings the heat and the fresh mango flavor puts out the flames before they get too intense for your taste buds.
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped mango
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon seeded and minced Thai chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced red bell pepper
- 5 ounces bay scallops
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 package (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
To make mango salsa, in a small bowl, combine mango, lime juice, vinegar and peppers. Chill for 1 hour. Toss scallops and Cajun seasoning together. In a medium skillet, melt butter and sauté scallops for 4-5 minutes. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon (about 3) of scallops into each phyllo shell. Bake in preheated 350ºF oven for 5 minutes. Garnish with 1 teaspoon of mango salsa. Serve warm.