Mini turkey pot pies, so easy, so delicious! Recipe by Kellie B.
- ¼ cup carrot, finely diced
- ¼ cup celery, finely diced
- ¼ cup shallot, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup turkey or chicken stock
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup cooked turkey, diced
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar, shredded
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Heat butter in a medium sauté pan. Add carrots, celery and shallots, cooking on medium high heat until softened. Lower heat and add garlic and thyme; cook for one minute. Add flour, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock, cooking until combined. Stir in heavy cream, cooking until thickened. Mix in turkey, peas and 1 tablespoon parsley. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon filling into phyllo shells and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1” apart on baking pan for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with additional parsley and serve.
Serving size: 1 shell (20g), Amount per serving: Calories 50, Total Fat –2.5g, Saturated fat – 1.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5 mg, Sodium – 35mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g,Total carbohydrate – 4g Sugars – 0g, Protein – 1g, Calcium 2%