Creamy cheese, sweet chocolate, tart cherries and nuts with a surprise pinch of pepper make these tartlets intriguingly delicious!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup canned tart cherries, very well-drained and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Graham Cracker Phyllo Shells
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in sugars, cinnamon and pepper. Fold in cherries, chocolate chips and nuts. Spoon filling into phyllo shells and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve.
Serving size: 1 shell (25g), Amount per serving: Calories 70, Total Fat –3.5g, Saturated Fat –1.5g, Trans Fat –0g, Cholesterol –5mg, Sodium –25mg,Total Carbohydrate – 10g, Dietary Fiber – 0g Sugars –8g, Protein – 1g, Vitamin D –0%, Calcium –0%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%