Tofurky Plant Based Chick’n lends a vegan friendly twist in this version of a classic chicken favorite. Enjoy as a tasty appetizer, snack or light lunch.
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter (such as Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks), divided
- ½ cup Tofurky Plant Based Chick’n, ½” diced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, ¼” diced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- ½ cup oat milk
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 2 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar reduction
In a medium skillet, heat ½ tablespoon vegan butter. Add Chick’n and peppers sautéing 3-4 minutes or until Chick’n is lightly browned. Push Chick’n and peppers to side of pan. Stir flour in center of pan, stirring and cooking for 2 minutes over medium heat. Pour in wine, cooking for 1 minute to deglaze. Add oat milk, stirring constantly. Cook for 3 minutes. Pull Chick’n and peppers back to the center of pan. Add remaining butter, spinach, garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until spinach just begins to wilt. Remove from heat.
Spoon filling into phyllo shells and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving size: 1 Shell (26g), Amount per serving: Calories 45, Total Fat – 0g, Saturated fat – 0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 0mg, Sodium – 100 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Carbohydrate – 4g Sugars – 0g, Protein –2g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%
For added crispness, preheat oven to 350°F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.