These decadent, chocolate cherry phyllo purses pack a whole lot of sweet, creamy goodness!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 24 sheets Athens® Phyllo dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, cherries, chocolate chips, cream cheese, pecans and cayenne until well combined.
Layer three sheets of phyllo on the work surface, brushing butter in between sheets. Cut the phyllo stack in half horizontally. Put a tablespoon of filling in center. Bring up the edges of the phyllo to form a purse-shaped packet.
Place phyllo purses on an ungreased baking sheet about one inch apart and brush with melted butter. Repeat to form 16 purses, placing approximately 1-inch apart on the baking sheet. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.