Creamy coconut and rich dark chocolate…yummmm! Quick and absolutely delicious!
- 1 can (15 ounce) coconut cream, refrigerated at least 4 hours
- 2 ½ ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 ½ tablespoons agave
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Chocolate Phyllo Shells or Traditional Phyllo Shells
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
Scoop solidified coconut cream from can and place in medium saucepan. This should yield approximately ¾ cup. (The liquid will not be used in this recipe but may be used in other recipe applications.) Place saucepan over low heat. Mix in chocolate, allowing it to melt. Add agave and orange extract mixing until smooth, remove from heat. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then set in freezer for additional 10 minutes. Spoon or pipe into phyllo shells. Top with toasted coconut. Serve at room temperature or frozen.
Serving size: 1 shell (16g), Amount per serving: Calories 70, Total Fat –3g, Saturated Fat –2g, Trans Fat –0g, Cholesterol –0mg, Sodium –20mg,Total Carbohydrate – 9g, Dietary Fiber – 0g Sugars – 7g, Protein – 1g, Vitamin D –0%, Calcium –0%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%