These decadent desserts add a Mini Phyllo Shell crunch and creamy whipped topping to a classic component of a romantic menu.
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon solid shortening
- 15 strawberries, whole, washed and stem removed
- 1/2 cup prepared whipped topping
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on medium power about 45 seconds. Stir well until smooth. Slice strawberries partly through to fan slightly.
Dip bottom of strawberries in melted chocolate. Place in refrigerator to harden for 1 hour.
Pipe or spoon 2 teaspoons of whipped topping into each phyllo shell. Top with strawberries. Serve immediately.